- 1 August, 1914 (9 Av, 5674): world war 1-starts
- 4 August, 1940 (29 Tamuz, 5700): Ze'ev Jabotinsky-yertziet
- 10 August, 1893 (28 Av, 5653): yertziet of rav Naftali Zvi Yehuda Berlin
- 14 August, 1929 (8 Av, 5689): Jewish Agency for Israel-established
- 15 August, 2005 (10 Av, 5765): Israel's unilateral disengagement plan-hitnatkut
- 20 August, 1915 (10 Elul, 5675): Rav Yitzchak Yaacov Reines yertziet
- 22 August, 1609 (18 Elul, 5369): yertziet of Maharal of Prague
- 24 August, 1929 (18 Av, 5689): 1929 Palestine riots
- 29 August, 1897 (1 Elul, 5657): The First Zionist Congress
Understand and explore the characters from a non-Israeli starting point.Invest a sense of encounter with young Israelis and enable participants to feel at ease with them.
Role play with the Israeli character bouncing off the members of your group.
|Alter: 10-18||4384 Ansichten||Aussicht|
Goals: The chanichim will understand that redemption is a product of the combined effort of both God and ourselves.The chanichim will understand that גלות isn't necessarily a dark, sad bad place, rather a situation when one is distanced from his origin, his real self, his natural state. For example, Am Yisrael's natural and ideal state is living as a nation in Eretz Yisrael. Am Yisrael's essential way of life is by the Torah. Not being connected to those two puts Am Yisrael in a state of גלות. The chanichim will understand that Am Yisrael is one unit, an organic being, and inseparable.
|Alter: 14-17||6855 Ansichten||Aussicht|