Featured Events From March:
- 9 March, 1982 (14 Adar, 5742): Rav Zvi Yehuda Kook-yertziet
- 6 March, 1929 (24 Adar, 5689): Bnei Akiva was established by Yechiel Eliash in Jerusalem
- 11 March, 1787 (21 Adar, 5547): Elimelech of Lizhensk-yertziet
- 1 March, 1806 (11 Adar, 5566): Chaim Joseph David Azulai-yertziet
- 22 March, 1885 (6 Nissan, 5745): Aryeh Levin-born
Rav Hayim David HaLevi-yertziet
Ivri Date: 12 Adar, 5758
English Date: 10 March, 1998
Rabbi Hayim David HaLevi (1924/5-1998), also written Haim David ha-Levi, etc. (הרב חיים דוד הלוי), was Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Tel Aviv-Yaffo. He was born in Jerusalem and studied under Rabbi Ben-Zion Meir Hai Uziel at the Porat Yosef Yeshiva. When R. Uziel was appointed Sephardi Chief Rabbi of Israel, he hired R. HaLevi as his personal secretary and as a close student. He then served as the rabbi of various cities in Israel:
- Romema, Jerusalem.
- Served in IDF during War of Independence
- Rishon Le-Zion (as Chief Rabbi of that city, 1951-1973)
- Israel's Chief Rabbinate Council (beginning in 1964)
- Tel Aviv-Yaffo (beginning in 1973, taking over from R. Ovadia Yosef).