Am Yisrael B'eretz Yisrael--the Love Story - òí éùøàì áàøõ éùøàì- ñéôåø àäáä
Group Size: 8-20
Estimated Time: 60 minutes
Download this file (30 KB)
Did you download this file and do you have something to share?
This is the place!
The chanichim will understand how deep is the “KESHER” (the connection, relationship) between us - Am-Yisrael, and our land-Eretz-Yisrael.
Written by: Michal and Tehilah/Menachem,
Goal: The chanichim will understand how deep is the “KESHER” (the connection, relationship) between us - Am-Yisrael, and our land-Eretz-Yisrael.
Suitable for Shabbat (requires prior preparation)
# Tell your chanichim a story about the love of your life.
READ IT BEFORE, AND DON’T READ IT FROM THE PAPER!
For making it more interesting you can hold a picture on its opposite side that the chanichim will think that it is your boy/girlfriend but actually it is a picture of Eretz-Yisrael. It can be more interesting if you’ll tell the story as if it happened to you. Every time it says
One year in high school
#Ask the chanichim what this story represents. Get them to understand by themselves the other meaning of the story…
A summary: the story about
# To emphasize the chanichim the strong relationship, and the ways Am Yisrael remembered
- What does the chatan do an his wedding that has to do with Eratz Yisrael? (Brake a glass to show our happiness isn’t complete because we’re in Galut)
- What do we sing under the Chupa – in the wedding? (After braking the cup) (“Im Eshkachech Yerushalaim…” – if I’ll forget you, Yerushalaim)
- When are we supposed to sing “Leshana Habaa Beyerushalaim Habnuya” (yom kipur and pesach)
- Name two Mitzvot that can be done only in
- What does the letter “shin” on the draydelle stand for? – What does it mean? (Sham – there – in
- What letter is written in
- What do we say in Bircat Hamazon that has to do with
- What some people do in the engagement party related to
- What part of shmone esre we don’t say like in
- What do we do when we build a new house to remind us of
- Why do we fast on Tisha BeAv? (Come on, that you know.)
- What do we do on Tu Bishvat to remember? (Eat fruit of
# To show the chanichim the natural match between Am and Eretz Yisrael – tell the following story:
“Once there was a very special tree. The tree was very fruitful; people came from all around the world to see this unique tree. One day a rich man saw the tree and decided that he must have this tree in his garden, so he bought the tree, took it out of its natural habitants and planted it in his garden. The rich man was very surprised when the tree that once was so fruitful and perished had no fruit and had almost died, he didn’t understand what happened. Then a wise man explained to him that each living thing has its own natural place where it belongs and only there it can reach its full potential. The specific plant was flourishing because it was at its natural surrounding, but when taken away from there it died.”
#And the conclusion: am Yisrael is bounded to