Soldiers's Biographies - ñéôåøí ùì çééìéí
Play / skit
Group Size: 0-0
Estimated Time: 35 minutes
Download this file (40 KB)
Did you download this file and do you have something to share?
This is the place!
Yom Ha’Zikaron 2006 Names
The Israeli Army is comprised of many different divisions. This year, we will remember
1. If your advisory group represents the Totchanim—the artillery—please rise.
Shaul Vinchel belonged to the Totchanim. He was a prize-winning expert in archery. In 1948, Shaul was in
2. If your advisory group represents the Tzanchanim—the Paratroopers—please rise.
One of the most popular brigades in the Israeli army is Chativat HaTzanchanim—the paratroopers. Shlomo Cohen was a Tzanchan. He was born in
3. If your advisory group represents Cheil HaYam—the Navy--—please rise.
Ya`akov Ra`anan came to
4. Soldiers in Chativat Golani--the Golani Brigade—are trained to carry out special operations. If your advisory group represents Chativat Golani, please rise.
Nachshon Wachsman trained to be a medic for Magan David Adom and was a leader in the youth movement Ezra. Like his two older brothers, he joined Tzahal and became a member of the Golani Brigade. In 1994, while he was trying to hitchhike back home from his army base for Shabbat, he was kidnapped by Hamas terrorists who had disguised themselves as religious Jews. People all over the world, including some in this room right now, prayed for his safe release. But it was not to be. The Israeli army found out where Nachshon was being held, and tried to rescue him. Nachshon was killed during the attempted rescue. éäé æëøå áøåê
5. If your advisory group represents Cheil HaAvir—the Air Force--—please rise.
Avishai Levi was born in Tel Aviv. From a young age he was interested in aeronautics and loved to build model airplanes and fly kites. He was drafted into Tzahal in 1988, and completed the necessary requirements to join the Air Force, where he eventually become a flight instructor. Avishai was tragically killed in the horrible crash of the two military helicopters in 1997. He left behind a wife, and a daughter who was just a year old. éäé æëøå áøåê
6. Nachal—Noar Halutzi Lochem—is part of the Israeli army’s infantry. If your advisory group represents Nachal, please rise.
Avi Book was the fifth son of parents who came to
7. If your advisory group represents Cheil HaHandasah—the Engineering Corps—please rise.
Adi Avitan was a curious boy. He had many of friends and was a natural leader. He joined the army in 1998 as a member of the Cheil HaHandasah—the Engineering Corps. His job was to defuse bombs. One day, Adi and two other soldiers were driving near the Lebanese border, when their vehicle hit a mine and exploded. Hizbollah terrorists took the bodies and would not tell
8. If your advisory group represents Cheil HaShiryon—the Armored Corps—please rise.
El`ad Litvak was a member of the Shiryon—the Armored Corps. He grew up on a kibbutz in the north of
9. If your advisory group represents Modi`in—Intelligence—please rise.
Tali ben Armon liked to draw and dance. She joined the army and worked in Intelligence. Her job was to collect information on
10. Soldiers in Chativat Givati--the Givati Brigade—also carry out special operations. If your advisory group represents Chativat Givati —the Givati Brigade—please rise.
Nisim Ben David was a member of the Givati brigade. He loved to swim, to dive, and to ski. He was a very popular youth leader in Bnei Akiva. After the terrible terrorist attack at the Park Hotel on Seder night in 2002, Nisim led the first battalion of soldiers that