Opening Peolah - ôòåìú ôúéçä
Group Size: 10-40
Estimated Time: 45 minutes
Download this file (36 KB)
Did you download this file and do you have something to share?
This is the place!
get to know the chanichim & madrichim
1) We ask the chanichim to stand in a line according to their shoes sizes. But they are not allowed to talk.
2) We divide the line into 5 groups, each madrich gets a different group. The madrich gives the chanichim a big ice cube (with candies inside). The chanich needs to hold the cube & talk about himself until his hands freeze. In the end we brake the ice & eat the candies!!!!
3) We ask the chanichim to stand in a line according to their names (ABC…)
4) We divide the line to 5 groups, each madrich gets a different group. The madrich gets a package with candies, the chanich can take as many as he wants, but while he is chewing he needs to talk about himself. The number of candies he takes dictates how long he will need to talk about himself for.
5) We give each chanich a list of definitions and he needs to find a chanich that matches certain definition. For ex- “someone that this is his first time in
6) The chanichim stand in a circle. The madrich holds a wool ball, he holds the edge of the ball in his hand & calls one of the chanichim’s names. He throws the ball to this chanich, the chanich catches the ball and calls another name and throws the ball to him, but he has to keep some of the wool in his hand. Eventually we’ll have cobwebs. Then we throw a ball inside the circle and we count how many times we can keep it up in the air without dropping it….
7) Then we ask the chanichim to make a triangle without talking and then to make a “chet” shape.
ðñôç îñ' 1
7. someone that doesn’t have a cell phone
8. someone that plays a musical instrument
9. someone that is allergic to peanut butter
10. someone that has been in
11. someone who plays on a high school basketball team
12. someone that only drinks water
13. someone that saw an Israeli movie
14. someone that speaks Hebrew very well
15. someone that knows the words to Yad Achim
16. someone that has blue eyes
17. someone that has NOT gone to Moshava before
18. someone that lives outside of NY and NJ
19. someone that likes Coke more than Pepsi
20. someone who had their Bar/Bat Mitzvah in
21. someone that is a madrich in a snif of Bnei Akiva
22. someone that is a vegetarian
23. someone that has been to
24. someone that does not have a TV in their house
25. someone that has never seen snow before
26. someone that is a certified lifeguard
27. someone that has a drivers permit
28. someone that did NOT bring a camera with them for Mach Hach
29. someone that is afraid of the dark
30. someone that is wearing pink
31. someone that has blonde hair
32. someone that listens to classical music