Type de ressource: peoula (activite) dans: English
Ans 10 - 17
Taille du groupe 10 - 55
Temps estime: 45 minutes
Aliya.doc (36 KB)
Avez-vous tèlècharger ce fichier et avez-vous quelque chose à partager?
Those who made aliya at the turn of the 20th century encountered many difficulties. These include:
-Restrictions on numbers of Jews coming into
-Where to live? Must start a Kibbutz or a Moshav, because no city life. Because of this they had to start their settlements from the beginning, dealing with how to rid themselves of the swamps, planting food to eat and where to get food until they have a sufficient amount growing.
- Protection against the Arabs and Bedouins, primarily in the new settlements.
- Had to deal with Zionist propaganda. If a person made aliya then, at the turn of the 20th century, s/he did it because s/he really idealistically believed in it. They also saw it as making their own situations better than what they had to deal with in the "Old Country".
Those who are making aliya today, at the turn of the 21st century also find it difficult, but in a very different way. The difficulties today's Jews find in making aliya include:
- The Arab-Israeli Conflict, or more precisely the Palestinian- Israeli conflict. A person today does not want to make aliya just to be removed from his/her home within the next few years.
- The army. Nobody wants to send their children to the army and have the possibility of them being killed.
-Expenses. Land in
-Jobs. In order to find a job in
If the group is very large and you have more than one madrich/a per group split the kvutza in half. Make sure that each chanich gets a character and no one is sitting on the side just watching. If there are more characters than groups, take anyone of them out, it doesn't make any difference which.
Give to each chanich or chanicha a card with a certain charachter and "tid bit" on it. Tell the chanichim the following scenario. After the scenario have the chanichim decide whether or not Leora should make aliya.
Make sure they share the information on their cards with the rest of the kvutza. Have the chanichim "become" their characters. You the madrich, do not play a part yourself. Remain the moderator. Be creative, if they go to far in one direction, are all agreeing on one point, moving to fast, add a new twist to the story. See what each character has to say.
Scenario: Leora is 18 years old. Her parents have sent her to Bnei Akiva schools and youth groups and taken her on trips to
(New twists and possiblities:
1. Leora doesn't plan to go to college at all. She wants to move on to a kibbutz right away and work with the cows.
2. Leora expects major financial support from her parents for this move.
3. Leora has relatives (aunt, grandparents) who are living in
Characters and tid bits on cards:
Leora - You see aliya as the climax of the ideals you were brought up with and you believe that there is no future for Am Yisrael in Chutz La'aretz.
Eileen - You are Leora's mother. You believe that
Saul - You are Leora's father. You are extremely proud of your daughter who had straight As in school and did superbly on her SATs. You think she should take advantage of this and attend a good college in
Aviva - You are Leora's best friend who has volunteered with her at the local age home for the past few summers. You think that Leora's Zionist dreams are selfish because she can, and does, contribute so much to her community at home. More than she can to a new, unknown community in
Ari - You are Leora's friend who just spent a year in
Jessica - You are Leora's cousin and a few years older than her. You go to a secular college and a few of your friends from your Jewish religious high school are dating non-Jews. You are leaving chutz La'aretz as soon aas you graduate and you think it is simply a religiously dangerous place to be.
Ofir - You are Leora's boyfriend, and Israeli. Your family came on shlichut to
Temima - You are Leora's 10 year old sister. You see Leora's dreams being questioned by your family and you are confused. You always thought that your parents wanted you to believe that
» All > Games > Jeux coopératifs
» All > Eretz Yisrael > L'implantation dans le pays