סוג פעולה : משחק בשפה: אנגלית
גילאים 10 - 18
גודל קבוצה 10 - 58
משך הפעולה : 45 דקות
האם הורדתם פעולה זו ויש לכם במה לשתף אחרים?
The leader prepares a Jewpardy board. (See example). Participants are split into two teams.
A representative from Team 1 chooses a category and a level of difficulty.
The leader turns over the card and reads out the question on back.
If the participant answers correctly, his/her team receives the number of points on that card.
If not, the card is turned over until someone else answers it.
Each person in each team should have a turn to answer a question.
Sample Jewpardy Board
* 10 Which are the three Pilgrim Festivals? Pesach, Shavu’ot, Succot
* 20 In which city did Mordechai save the Jews from peril? Shushan
* 30 How many days do we celebrate Succot? Seven days in Israel
* 40 Which Jewish holiday is directly connected with the modern State of Israel? Yom Ha’atzma’ut; Yom Yerushalayim
* 50 Name the four names of Pesah. Zman Cheirutenu, Chag Ha’aviv, Chag Hamatzot, Chag Hapesach
* 10 Which period in Jewish history saw the death of the most Jews? Holocaust
* 20 On which mountain was the Torah given? Sinai
* 30 When was the Six Day War? June 1967
* 40 What was the fate of the Jews of Massada? They killed themselves.
* 50 In what years did the destruction of the First and Second Temples take place?
First: 586 B.C.E.; Second, 70 C.E.
* 10 Which great Jewish leader stuttered? Moses
* 20 Who wrote a diary of his/her experiences during the Holocaust, which later became a famous book? Anne Frank
* 30 Which Jew formulated the theory of relativity? Albert Einstein
* 40 Who was a Jewish Supreme Court judge? Louis Brandeis
* 50 Name the Jewish philosopher who was put under cherem (excommunicated) from Judaism. Spinoza
* 10 Who was the father of modern Zionism, a man whose actions helped to create the State of Israel? Theodor Herzl
* 20 Who was the first Prime Minister of Israel? David Ben Gurion
* 30 Name the country from which Jews were saved in Operation Magic Carpet. Yemen
* 40 Name five Israeli wars and give dates.
War of Independence 1948
Sinai Campaign 1956
Six-Day War 1967
Yom Kippur War 1973
Lebanon War 1982
* 50 Name the first kibbutz. Degania
* 10 Which character was turned into a pillar of salt when she looked back at Sodom and Gemorrah? Lot’s wife
* 20 Name the five Books of Moses. Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy
* 30 Who committed the first murder? Cain
* 40 From which city did Avraham come? Ur Casdim
* 50 Name the twelve sons of Ya'acob. Reuven, Shimon, Levi, Yehuda, Issachar, Zevulun, Benjamin, Dan, Naftali, Gad, Asher, Joseph