Hamedina - Mossad
סוג פעולה : פעולה בשפה: אנגלית
גילאים 8 - 13
גודל קבוצה 5 - 30
משך הפעולה : 90 דקות
HaMedina.Mossad.1.doc (117 KB)
האם הורדתם פעולה זו ויש לכם במה לשתף אחרים?
Noseh: The Mossad
Written By: Michael & Esther Goldberg
Goals: Familiarize the chanichim with the achievements of the Mossad, the Israeli Intelligence Network; Illustrate some of the skills needed to be a Mossad agent.
1. Games: chasing and spying games relating to the Mossad
2. Story: “Eli’s Lonely Mission” – the story of Mossad agent Eli Cohen
Materials: background information, suggested games, story
Some of the Mossad’s Many achievements include:
- The capture of Adolf Eichmann, a Nazi, enabling the Israeli courts to being him to justice.
- The many achievements of Eli Cohen, a now famous Mossad agent. Before the Six-Day War, Eli managed to infiltrate the Syrian defense ministry to a very high level. He obtained important strategic information about the
Golan heights, which subsequently captured. Israel
- The discovery and destruction of the Iraqi nuclear reactor, which later prevented the threat of a nuclear attack during the Gulf War.
II. Games – any chasing or spying games can easily relate to this topic. Here are a few suggestions:
- Streets and Allies: From Shabbat Games, Active Section, p. 32 (have the enemy chase the Mossad Agent.)
- Telephone: Each chanich whispers the same message to the next, see how the final message differs from the original. This is a classic game about the difficulty of passing accurate messages, one of the major problems facing secret agents.
- Switch: From Shabbat Games, Quiet Section, p. 95. (A game which requires quiet and deception. See if your Mossad agent can detect the movement of the enemy..)
- I Spy: Another classic game requiring thought and deduction, two important criteria for an agent.
“My heart years for you, my desert love,” wailed the radio. It was almost drowned out by sounds of glasses clicking and loud laughter and talk in the warm living room af Amin Kamil Taabes in
When the last guest left, Amin drew the curtains, locked the door, and sat and wrote. Then he went into the cluttered kitchen and lifted off the top of his electric food mixer. Inside the base there was a powerful miniature radio transmitter. Softly Amin began to transmit a coded message to Tel Aviv.
Amin Kamil Taabes, the popular
Eli was born in
To become Amin Kamil Taabes, Eli first went to
Amin and his friends visited Syrian fortifications on the
Late at night Amin became Eli. He spent hours putting his information into secret code and transmitting it to the Mossad in Tel Aviv. He hid plans and photos in the false bottoms of backgammon sets and the hollow legs of furniture. Eli’s company exported them to
By January 1965, Eli had nearly finished his work. In a few months he would return to his wife Nadia and his three children in
An accident had betrayed Eli Cohen. The operator at the nearby Indian embassy had complained that an unknown transmitter was interfering with his messages. “Unknown “ could mean only one thing – a spy. Syrian police cruised the area with listening equipment until finally, on a night when there was an electricity blackout and few sets were operating, they traced the signal to the house of Amin Kamil Taabes.
The Syrians hanged Eli Cohen as a spy in May 1965.
Two years later his lonely sacrifice paid off. The Six Day War broke out, and Israeli planes attacked the
Eli’s brave late-night messages from a dangerous city had prepared the Israeli army and saved hundreds of lives.
» הכל > היסטוריה > במדינת ישראל 1948 to now