- 1 December, 1973 (6 Kislev, 5734): David Ben-Gurion-yahrzeit
- 11 December, 2005 (9 Kislev, 5766): prof' Yisrael Robert John Aumann-nobel price
- 12 December, 1995 (19 Kislev, 5756): Rabbi Moshe Zvi Neria-yertziet
- 16 December, 1922 (26 Kislev, 5683): Eliezer Ben Yehuda-yertziet
- 17 December, 1937 (13 Tevet, 5698): hazofe-becoming a daily newspaper
- 27 December, 2008 (30 Kislev, 5769): 2008–2009 Israel–Gaza conflict
- 28 December, 5763 (23 Tevet, 2002): Noam Apter in Yeshivat Otniel
View additional History Events by date
The purpose of the peulah is to make chanichim sensitive to and aware of the messages of Yom HaZikaron. While Yom HaZikaron is a very emotional day, this peulah has been kept relatively light because it is designed for snif.
“What’s a SHOFAR again…?”
To show that “Chazara b’tshuva” is not just to regret the things that you did, but it is to return to yourself and see if you are fulfilling your purpose in life.
To encourage teamwork, To improve communication skills, To listen to each other.
Links to other sites about holidayes
Hagshama Tu Bishbat Program
A Fully organized idea for a Program based on who wants to be a millionaire for Tu Bishvat with Prizes - all needed is attached. special for 60 Years of Israel