Featured Events From August:
- 29 August, 1897 (1 Elul, 5657): The First Zionist Congress
- 24 August, 1929 (18 Av, 5689): 1929 Palestine riots
- 4 August, 1940 (29 Tamuz, 5700): Ze'ev Jabotinsky-yertziet
- 20 August, 1915 (10 Elul, 5675): Rav Yitzchak Yaacov Reines yertziet
- 1 August, 1914 (9 Av, 5674): world war 1-starts
Israel's unilateral disengagement plan-hitnatkut
Date Hebraica: 10 Av, 5765
Data Inglês: 15 August, 2005
Israel's unilateral disengagement plan also known as the "Disengagement plan", "Gaza Pull-Out plan", and "Hitnatkut") was a proposal by Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, adopted by the government and enacted in August 2005, to remove all of the Israelis from the Gaza Strip and from four settlements in the northern West Bank.
Those Israeli citizens that refused to accept government compensation packages and voluntarily vacate their homes prior to the August 15, 2005 deadline, were evicted by Israeli security forces over a period of several days. Demolition of the residential buildings and the evacuation of all residents and associated security personnel from the Gaza Strip was completed by September 12, 2005. Evacuation and dismantlement of the four settlements in the northern West Bank was completed ten days later.