Featured Events From October:
- 9 October, 1994 (4 Cheshvan, 5755): sergeant nachshon wachsman-kidnapped
- 16 October, 1874 (5 Cheshvan, 5635): Zvi Hirsch Kalischer-yertziet
- 16 October, 1986 (13 Tishrei, 5747): Ron Arad-captured
- 17 October, 2001 (30 Tishrei, 5762): Rehavam Ze'evi-killed
- 6 October, 1973 (10 Tishrei, 5734): yom kippur war
Date Hebraica: 11 Tishrei, 5702
Data Inglês: 2 October, 1941
Born in the Imperial Russia, Ussishkin graduated as a technical engineer from Moscow Technological Institute. He actively worked for the revival of the Hebrew language and Jewish settlement in Eretz Israel, then a province of the Ottoman Empire, and was a member of Hibbat Zion movement.
In his pamphlet "Our Program" he advocated group settlement based on labour Zionism. Under his influence the Zionist movement actively supported the establishment of agricultural settlements, educational and cultural institutions, and a Hebrew university. In 1919, Ussishkin himself settled in the Land of Israel, and in 1923 he was elected President of the Jewish National Fund which he headed until his death.