- 3 July, 1976 (5 Tamuz, 5736): Operation Antebe
- 16 July, 2008 (13 Tamuz, 5768): the return of Ehud Goldwaser and Eldad Regev
- 18 July, 1947 (1 Av, 5707): Aliyah Bet-arriving To Israel
- 22 July, 1920 (7 Av, 5680): Keren Hayesod-established
- 25 July, 1572 (5 Av, 5332): Ha'Ari Hakdosh
- 28 July, 1885 (16 Av, 5645): Moses Montefiore-yertziet
As we saw in the last shiur, even thought Yehoshua was supposed to wipe out all the 7 nations in the land, he didn’t, and as you can see in the map from Shiur #1, there is quite a lot of eretz hanisheret, of left over land that has not been conquered, left full of non Jews. In perek 2 here, the malach comes to bochim and rebukes Am Israel for this sin.
The goal of this shiur is to discuss with the chanichim the original command to wipe out the 7 nations originally. Is this ideal? Or is it genocide? Why would Hashem want us to wipe them out, why can’t we live with them?
|Alder: 13-18||3235 visningar||Visa|