(1) The chanichim will discuss the different ways in which one can fulfill the role of being an Or Lagoyim.
(2) The chanichim will realize that they can affect change in the world, and will think of an Or Lagoyim project that they can implement in Camp this summer.
|Ages: 12-15||8249 views||View|
Goal: Based on everything we have seen so far on the trip, the assimilation, but success of Jews in America, the chanichim should discuss the question; is it ok to call America our home or not? Either way, they should understand that they can never fully feel totally at home in
America while remaining loyal to
Israel, and what ramifications this has on where we as Jews should be living.
|Ages: 13-15||3869 views||View|
The Chanichim will learn 4 aspects of the Maccabim that we need to emulate in our day:
1. The Torah is meant to infuse every part of our lives as individuals and as a nation.
2. In everything we do, we can’t just leave it up to Hashem, we have to also put in our own effort
3. We need to stand up for our beliefs, even when many others might not agree.
4. We need to realize the importance of Jewish sovereignty- of being in charge of our own destiny
|Ages: 8-12||5958 views||View|