Featured Events From November:
- 2 November, 1917 (17 Cheshvan, 5678): Balfour Declaration of 1917
- 28 November, 1933 (10 Kislev, 5696): Rabbi Moshe Mordechai Epstein-yertziet
- 9 November, 1938 (15 Cheshvan, 5699): Crystal night
- 29 November, 1947 (17 Kislev, 5708): November 29th-Establishing a state
- 7 November, 1944 (21 Cheshvan, 5705): Execution of Hannah Szenes
Execution of Hannah Szenes
Date Hebraica: 21 Cheshvan, 5705
Data Inglês: 7 November, 1944
Hannah Szenes (or Chana Senesh) (July 17, 1921 – November 7, 1944) was a Hungarian Jew, one of 37 Jews living in Palestine, now Israel, who were trained by the British army to parachute into Yugoslavia during the Second World War in order to help save the Jews of Hungary, who were about to be deported to the German death camp at Auschwitz.
Szenes was arrested at the Hungarian border, imprisoned and tortured, but she refused to reveal details of her mission, and was eventually tried and executed by firing squad. She is regarded as a national heroine in Israel, where streets are named after her and her poetry is widely known.