- 2 October, 1941 (11 Tishrei, 5702): Menahem Ussishkin-yertziet
- 6 October, 1973 (10 Tishrei, 5734): yom kippur war
- 9 October, 1994 (4 Cheshvan, 5755): sergeant nachshon wachsman-kidnapped
- 16 October, 1874 (5 Cheshvan, 5635): Zvi Hirsch Kalischer-yertziet
- 16 October, 1986 (13 Tishrei, 5747): Ron Arad-captured
- 17 October, 2001 (30 Tishrei, 5762): Rehavam Ze'evi-killed
- 29 October, 1956 (24 Cheshvan, 5717): Mivtza Kadesh
Divide the players into two teams, and each team into two parts. Each part of a team stands in opposite corners (see diagram). Each 1/2 team is given two messages to shout to its other half. At the signal both teams begin to shout their messages. The first team to relay all of its messages to the other half of its team wins.
Hint: Try to make up messages that have repetitive sounds (i.e. Mickey Mouse is a louse).
|Ages: 10-18||2350 views||View|
To learn about the Omer, and more specifically Lag Ba’omer
To learn about the life, times and teachings of Rabbi Akiva
To learn about Lag ba’omer in connection with Rabbi Akiva
To understand some ideas as to why BA is named after Rabbi Akiva
|Ages: 9-14||11829 views||View|
A kit for marking 60 years Kristallnacht which include - Peulot, presentations, videos, Dvar Tora, etc., in Hebrew and English