Jerusalem - ירושלים
Group Size: 10-30
Estimated Time: 60 minutes
Download this file (35 KB)
Did you download this file and do you have something to share?
This is the place!
Nosei - Yerushalayim
Good for grades 3rd-6th and for Shabbat
Game #1 –
Set up the chanichim/Madrichim (your choice) in the
- How many gates are there in the Old City of Yerushalayim? Answer: 7
- What are the names of the 7 gates? Answer: Tzion, Ariot, Perachim, Ashpot, HaChadash, and Yaffo.
- What is the name of the big soccer stadium in Yerushalayim? Answer: Teddy Stadium
- What is the name of the big mall in Yerushalayim? Answer: Kanyon Malcha
- What is the animal that represents the city of
? Answer: Lion Yerushalayim
- What is the name of the building where the
government meets? Answer: The Kennset. Israel
- What is the name of the zoo in Yerushalayim? Answer: The Biblical Zoo / Gan HaTanachi
- What is the outdoor market in Yerushalayim called? Answer: Machaneh Yehudah
- Through which gate of the old city did the IDF break through during the six day war? Answer: Ashpot Gate.
- What is another name for Yerushalayim? Answer: Tzion
- What is now sitting on Har Habyit in Yerushalayim? Answer: The Dome of the Rock
- Which wall is the only wall still standing from the time of the Beit Hamikdash? Answer: The western Wall.
- What surrounds the entire Old City of Yerushalayim? Answer: a wall.
- Which museum in Yerushalayim houses the Dead Sea Scrolls? Answer: The
. Israel Museum
- What neighborhood in Yerushalayim has a big windmill? Answer: Yemin Moshe
- What neighborhood in Yerushalayim is primarily Chasidim? Answer: Meah Shaarim.
- What are the four quarters of the old city? Answer: Jewish, Christian, Muslim, and German/French Hill
- What big University is located in Yerushlayim? Answer:
- What mountain do you have to stand on in Yerushalayim to see the whole city? Answer: Har HaTzofim /
. Mt. Scopus
- What event in Tanach happened on Har Hamoriah in Yerushlayim? Answer: Akedat Yitzchak.
If you want to continue this game until the kids get really bored, go ahead, and just keep asking questions about yerushlayim.
Game #2 –Israeli Postman
each kid has the name of a place in
Game #3 is the same thing, except its Jerusalem Postman and the kids should all wear the crowns that look like the old city wall. Have the kids look at their place in Yerushalayim, and then have them tie the crown to their head with the attached strings. Play this game until it gets old, making sure to do numerous “special deliveries”